4Ocean® Flamingo Bracelet
Pull a pound for flamingos.
With legs like stilts, beaks like boomerangs, and flamboyant pink feathers, flamingos are perhaps the most recognisable wading bird in the world. If they had a catchphrase, it would be “you are what you eat,” since their impossibly beautiful colouring comes from the beta carotene in the crustaceans, mollusks, plankton, and algae they consume.
Flamingos live among the shallow lakes, mangrove swamps, sandy islands, and coastal areas of Africa, Asia, America, and Europe. While no flamingo species is considered endangered at this time, three of the six flamingo species are considered near threatened.
Because of their distinct appearance, flamingos are fabulous wildlife ambassadors that illustrate the beauty and diversity we stand to lose if we fail to address the threats they face. The biggest challenges in conserving flamingos and other wading birds include plastic and chemical pollution, climate change, habitat loss, and the animal entertainment industry.
- Cord made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear glass beads made from 100% post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- Stainless steel 4ocean charm
- Hand assembled in Bali
- Unisex, waterproof design
- Adjustable from 4 to 10cm in diameter
- No plastic packaging