4Ocean® Great White Shark Bracelet
Pull a pound for great white sharks.
There is perhaps no creature more misunderstood than the great white shark. While they are the largest predatory fish in the ocean, they’re a lot scarier in our imaginations. In reality, great whites are the protectors of the ocean’s biodiversity. They feed on the sick and weak, control prey populations, and help maintain the strength and diversity of other species.
Great white sharks have no natural predators, but their populations are in a rapid decline. Off the coast of Queensland, Australia, for example, researchers have seen a 92% decline over the last 50 years. And it’s all due to human activity.
Bycatch in the commercial fishing industry, illegal poaching and finning, entanglement in ghost nets, and the bioaccumulation of toxins associated with the ingestion of plastic are just a few of the biggest threats they face. If we are going to save great white sharks — and the ocean — we must work together to address these challenges.
- Cord made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear glass beads made from 100% post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- Stainless steel 4ocean charm
- Hand assembled in Bali
- Unisex, waterproof design
- Adjustable from 4 to 10cm in diameter
- Packaged in a reusable cotton drawstring pouch