4Ocean® Sea Star Bracelet
Pull a pound for Starfish.
We tend to think of sea stars as the ocean’s decorations because they’re so delicate and calming to watch, but these gorgeous creatures are one of the more bizarre residents of the marine environment. Sea stars are voracious predators that lack both brains and blood. They can “see” with their arms, regenerate body parts, and digest prey outside of their bodies. And now, they’re helping us understand the history of ocean plastic pollution.
Mass production of plastics only began in the 1940s and 50s. So when researchers examined sea stars collected between 1976 and 2015, they expected to find less plastic in older specimens. However, they were surprised to find similar amounts of microplastic in all of them, which indicates that ocean plastic pollution became a problem much earlier than previously thought.
The Sea Star Bracelet represents your commitment to the clean ocean movement. Every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. Wear it as a reminder to curb your plastic habit, live more sustainably, and encourage others to take action to protect what they love.
- Cord made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear glass beads made from 100% post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- Stainless steel 4ocean charm
- Hand assembled in Bali
- Unisex, waterproof design
- Adjustable from 4 to 10cm in diameter